Twitter safety is all the buzz right now, and advertisers are jumping ship. Should you stay away from advertising on Twitter?
Twitter has historically been an advertising giant with over $4B in ad revenues last year. Top advertisers on Twitter have included big names like Anheuser-Busch, Apple, Capital One, CBS, Coca-Cola, Best Buy Co, Google, IBM, Mondelez, and P&G, among others.
But ever since Elon Musk purchased the platform and made some changes, parody accounts have posed a serious risk to brands. As a result, advertisers are done being patient and have decided enough is enough. Experts expect the brand safety concerns to get worse before they get better. IPG and Omnicom have already recommended advertisers pause their Twitter spending or move it elsewhere. What can smart brands do instead of advertising on Twitter?
DRUM ROLL PLEASE…. Social Mirror Ads.
Social Mirror ads look like your social media display or video posts but appear on other websites and apps, linking back to the social media platform and your website, and run across all devices using targeting strategies. This “mirrors” the exact look of your social post as an ad that runs on thousands of other websites and apps, targeted to the people you want to reach across all devices.
Social Mirror ads can be created with any organic or paid posts from your business account on these 8 social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, Pinterest, Snapchat, or YouTube and Twitter.
And with Social Mirror, the best part is the ad has three call-to-action opportunities:
- Clicking on the Social Media logo and your profile image will take the user to your Social Media business page.
- Clicking on the Call-To-Action button will take the user to your website.
- Clicking on the Social Media icons below the ad will take users to that post on your Social Media page
One aspect of Social Mirror ads that differs from that of Social Media Advertising is the ability to reach your target audience. Targeting strategies include:
- Behavioral Categories – Showing your Social Mirror ads to specific consumers based on their previous on-line behavior, across all devices.
- Keywords – Showing your Social Mirror ads on webpages and apps that contain keywords related to your business, across all devices.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) – Showing your Social Mirror ads to people using machine learning to target consumers based on who is engaging with the ad, across all devices.
- Retargeting– Following people after they leave your website and showing them your Social Mirror ad, on other websites and apps they go to, across all devices.
- Custom Audience Matching and Look Alike – You can target people (or businesses) on your list of emails, addresses, or phone numbers when they go online and show them Social Mirror ads when they are browsing across websites and apps.
Businesses can repurpose the Twitter posts they’ve already built, remove Twitter icons if a business is worried about safety concerns and perception, and run them with full brand safety controls outside of Twitter. Or you can take Twitter creative and build them into any social format like Facebook or even LinkedIn.
Social Mirror is about as versatile as you can get and works well for many B2C and B2B businesses. Shift those dollars from Twitter to Social Mirror strategies and explore how they can complement your current advertising plan!Back to Blog